Shopify partners with Walmart, it’s probably time to move on from Magento 1.x and if you like overlanding you should chat with Drew Sanocki.
Enjoy today’s News Cart!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher
In the News
Shopify Partners Up with Walmart
- New integrations makes it easier for Shopify sellers to sell on Walmart and sync their product+inventory feeds
- Only an estimated 1,200 Shopify merchants will be approved for the program by the end of the year, ~0.1% of all Shopify stores
Facebook Tests Email Marketing Tools for Business Pages
- Small and medium-sized businesses will be able to upload their contact lists and create marketing emails directly through Facebook
- Likely will appeal mostly to small businesses/pages with no existing ESP
Support for Magento 1.x Expiring This Month
- Security patches will be provided for Magento Commerce 1 and Open Source 1 through June 2020
- Merchants must upgrade to Magento 2 or face no support and future security vulnerabilities
- J.P. Morgan suggests the acceleration to online buying will be sustainable post-COVID
- Categories that will be over-represented online include: books, electronics, office supplies, toys, apparel and sports/fitness.
Jeff Bezos May Testify Before Congress For The First Time This Summer
- Bezos’ testimony would be part of a months-long antitrust investigation led by the House Judiciary Committee
- The antitrust panel also invited Apple’s Tim Cook, Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, and Google’s Sundar Pichai to testify as well
Amazon Rolls Out Cameras In Warehouses to Detect Social Distancing Compliance Among Workers
- Amazon’s “Distance Assistants” cameras give real-time feedback on social distancing as employees work
- Amazon faced criticism for its slow response to implementing PPE and other COVID-19 safety measures
Basecamp Launches ‘Hey’ – A Different Kind of Email Client
- Offers sender ‘screening’, in-line workflows for replying to messages in batch, tracking pixel blocking and more
Top Forum Discussions
(Membership required to access. Not a member? Apply to join our vibrant community of 7-figure store owners today.)
- Well My Sales Went From 40% Down to 100% Up. Crazy Times
- The Tide Has Gone Out, and the Tsunami Is Coming. Are You Running for High Ground?
- WA State, 10,000 Orders to Fulfill, How to Reopen?
- What Have You Liked About the COVID Pandemic? Would You Admit It?
- What’s Your About Us Story
- $0-$100,000 in 60 Days With Zero Audience (Case Study)
- Every Employee Owns a Little Corner of Your Head (Case Study)
Killer Positions in eCommere
Like Overlanding? Love eCommerce? Then you should join one of my favorite people in eCommerce, Drew Sanocki, to help him launch a new brand in the overlanding space.
VP of Marketing & Growth – Patrick Coddou and the team at Supply are searching for someone with impressive eCommerce growth chops. You’ll be responsible for all growth and marketing goals for the company.
The post News Cart for June 19th appeared first on eCommerceFuel.